Monday, June 7, 2010

Manu Chao


Though Manu Chao has been around for awhile (I've loved his song Me Gustas Tu ever since I listened to it in 7th grade Spanish class), I've recently revisited him and fallen in love again. The French/Spanish Manu Chao (born José-Manuel Thomas Arthur Chao) sings in French, Spanish, Arabic, English, and Portuguese, and began his career in the french band Hot Pants. He later founded the band Mano Negra with his brother Antoine Chao in 1987, and became a solo artist after the band's break up in 1995.

My favorite album is 'Clandestino', in which Chao uses a few fantastic hooks over again to create a seamless wall of sexy sound. Play it at any dinner party for instant mood-booster. I like to drive to work listening to it, imagining I'm going somewhere more exotic than the local preschool...

download the entire album: Clandestino (1998)

or a few favorites


No comments:

Post a Comment