Saturday, March 27, 2010

Positively Sylvan


sylvan \SIL-vuhn\, adjective:

1. Of or pertaining to woods or forest regions.
2. Living or located in a wood or forest.
3. Abounding in forests or trees; wooded.

Woods
(sylvan, woods, get it?)

Inspired by my dictionary.com word of the day, here are some tunes from Woods , a Brooklyn based (of course) quartet with a self-described "folk/psychedelic/jam band" sound. Their echoey falsetto and low-fi recordings add to the old, woah-it's-the-60s-am-I-on-crazy-drugs-or-do-I-just-have-some-water-stuck-in-my-ear kind of feel.

Rain On - Woods

Not to confuse everyone, but in an attempt to keep the sylvan theme alive, here is a song from the Tallahassee, Florida hailing band The Woods.

Baleen Plate Lullaby - The Woods (my personal favorite)

there are also these dudes from Texas named 'The Woods'
and these folks from the 70s calling themselves 'The Woods'.

really guys, do some research before you name your band - please.



1 comment:

  1. recall when i asked you to frolic in the hinterlands with me? same idea.

    ReplyDelete